Is this a bug in gtk2-engines-xfce? Also, IR stuff.

I'm trying to get a USB/IR dongle from Deys Electronics to work on my
Sarge system.  It comes with the Proxima Beamer software from
Obexcode (www.obexcode.com).  Proxima, in turn, is a GNOME
application (according to the writeup).

I had a hell of a time getting it to run.  Whenever I started it from
the command line, I got a complaint:

Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate loadable module in module_path: "libxfce.so"

Well, as it turns out, libxfce.so was installed.  I added it to the
path in /etc/ld.so.conf and ran ldconfig, and got the same warning.

It still didn't work.  Further research found the answer on this very
list:  it turns out that the error above can mean, "You haven't
selected a GNOME theme."  This isn't surprising since I don't run
GNOME and never installed it on my box, just the necessary libraries
for GNOME apps like Firefox.

I installed gtk-theme-switch and ran switch.  When I clicked "Apply"
the problem ended.

Question for the assembled masses:  is this a bug?  Is it a bug in
Debian's gtk2-engines-xfce, which should depend on either
gtk-theme-switch or whatever GNOME calls its configuration manager?

I'd love to hear opinions from other Debian users.

Unfortunately, it still doesn't work.  The Proxima software loads,
but can't connect to the device:  "0 devices found".
--
Carl Fink             carl@fink.to
Jabootu's Minister of Proofreading