Re: X.org on nvidia?

On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 21:18 -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> I'm thinking about migrating from xfree86 to x.org on my Sid system,
> though given I have a nVidia chipset, I'm wondering what kinds of
> problems I am likely to have.
>
> * Is there good GL support (ie, capable of running UT2004 or America's
>   Army) for nvidia cards in x.org?
>
> * If not, do the nVidia official xfree86 drivers work with x.org?

I did the same as you actually (except i went back to xfree86 mostly
because i like keep my system at least a little stable :))
it worked fine with the binary driver, apart from the extensions, which
was kinda unstable.

I went back to using xfree as id rather wait for offical builds
| Glyn Tebbutt |                d3c3it-linux@ntlworld.com |
|--------------'      http://homepage.ntlworld.com/d3c3it |
| gpg-key: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/d3c3it/d3c3it.gpg |
|           Lisa, if we conserve the environmentalist win |
|                                          -Homer Simpson |