Re: ide-scsi is deprecated for cd burning!

On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 15:52 -0600, Martin McCormick wrote:
> 	One of the boot messages I read in the 2.6 kernels says:
>
> ide-cd: passing drive hdc to ide-scsi emulation.
> ide-cd: passing drive hdd to ide-scsi emulation.
> ide-scsi is deprecated for cd burning! Use ide-cd and give
> dev=/dev/hdX as device
>
> 	Does cdrecord know about this?
>
> I have the SCSI emulation for only that reason so ,
> do I still need it?  If I burn a cd, my present command looks like:
>
> mkisofs -l -R -q /path/file |cdrecord -dev=0,0,0  -
>
> 	I guess that would change to /dev/hdc or /dev/hdd.

Try this:
   cdrecord -dev=help

Then, try either of these:
  cdrecord -scanbus -dev=ATA
  cdrecord -scanbus -dev=ATAPI

On my system, -dev=ATA works.  So, when I'm burning to /dev/hdb,
I use this option: -dev=ATA:1,0,0

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and
they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
George S. Patton, Jr.