Re: Re: why cups so rarely works "out of the box"

Boy, I have to get in on this topic, too, as I have tried to setup my Epson Stylus CX6400 for weeks now and can't even get the KDE print manager to work. I for one would like to see some more output like frederik@dannemare.net <mailto:frederik%40dannemare.net> but just for a single PC user(NO LAN) and just for a dial-up-modem user(56 K). I've done a lot of searching on this issue during the 4-5 months I've been using Deb GNU/Linux and all I find is related to networking and doesn't work in my case. I've also seen a lot of postings about localhost:631(with cups) and connection refused but no solution. I'm still trying to connect to localhost without success and have done a lot of searching about it. I've just about quit posting to Debian because most of the time I don't get a response but i still keep reading the list hoping that someone else ask the questions I have. Let's keep this going, I may get my answer yet, but I don't know if anyone remembers the original post here.
Enjoyed everyones comments,
Leonard Chatagnier