Re: Sarge booting problem

emrek@ug.bilkent.edu.tr wrote:
Hi,

I installed Sarge by selecting the 2.6.x kernel, but when I want to boot Debian it just comes down to the
string "Uncompressing Linux.OK, booting the kernel" then nothing happens.
I'm using the GRUB loader and it works properly for my Windows XP partition.
If the problem's nest is the kernel, how can I fix it?
Is there any shortcuts ?(without installing it again)

You mean you used the new Debian Installer?
Which version? The latest?

And you mean that with the grub the Debian Installer installs you can boot your XP?

What do you do when you boot that partition and nothing happens?

Did you file this as a problem to the package "installation-reports"?

Did you find anything similar there? There are a great many of those.

Since you are "wasting" a partition with this install, why don't you want to install it again?

How about trying a vanilla install? (Just hit enter) That will install 2.4.27.

H.