From: Josh Litherland [mailto:josh@temp123.org]
Sent: Friday, 11 February 2005 10:19 a.m.
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Rdesktop users?

Curtis Vaughan wrote:

>Basically, when I try to connect to a Terminal Server (whether I use
>1.2.x or 1.3.0) I get the error that it cannot connect.  As I recall it
>had something to do with forcing the Terminal Server to think the
>client had a built in license.  There was a particular option one would
>add to the rdesktop command to do this.  But now I can find no such
>documentation.

The win server issues you a temporary license bound to your hostname,
which expires after 30 days, at which point they demand you buy a client
access license.  Just change your supplied hostname every 30 days with
the -n option to rdesktop to get around this.  Or, buy a client access
license, figure out how to use it in rdesktop (possible ?) and go legit
if that's your thing  =)

--
Josh Litherland (josh@temp123.org)