100's of blank pages

Woody and Cups.

Sometimes garbage data is accidently send to my LJ4 printer. This causes it to go beserk and print loads and loads of blank pages, often interspersed with spurious gibberish.

Power cycling the printer has no effect. It continues to print blank pages. Power cycling the pc has no effect either.

If I remove the cable from the back of the printer, the printing stops, so the data has to be coming from my Debian box. Yet, I check the LJ4 queue in Cups and it is empty. I check /var/spool/lpd/lj4 and it too is empty.

Where is this data coming from and how can I stop it ?  Please.

Joe Mc Cool