Re: Booting the First Debian Disk and Running a Serial Console

Olaf Conradi writes:
>Jup, same way as I do, my server is connected to an old serial terminal with:
>
>console=ttyS1,19200n8

	I appear to have great news.  At the boot: prompt, I typed

linux console=ttyS0,9600n81

and it worked every time with both the 2-year-old installation disk
and the brand new one.

	I also tried

linux console=ttyS1,9600n81

after, of course, moving the serial terminal to the other port and it
worked there every time.  I think this is the first time I ever got it
to work with any consistency on Com2 better known in our world as
ttyS1.

	My thanks to both of you for your answers and examples.

	The Linux community is a special place and I have noticed that
its members help those who are willing to help themselves which is a
great thing.

	I was able to mount a backup of /lib and restore a nice clean
version of the file system in about 10 seconds if that long.  The
system appears to be healthy again.  Many thanks.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Information Technology Division Network Operations Group