foomatic-filters-ppds wants to remove printconf

I have this package in held state since I am not sure how important printconf is. apt-cache says printconf is used to auto-detect printers. If I go ahead and upgrade foomatic-filters-ppds (see below) and printconf is removed, will my Debian Sarge system loose the ability of auto-detect a printer? If not, any other effect of removing printconf?

Also, is this situation only temporary (has been like this for 3 or so days now)? If so, I will wait patiently.

#---------------------------------------------
:~# apt-get -s install foomatic-filters-ppds
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  foomatic-db-hpijs hpijs printconf
The following held packages will be changed:
  foomatic-filters-ppds
  foomatic-filters-ppds
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 3 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Remv printconf (0.7.4.3 Debian:testing)
Remv foomatic-db-hpijs (1.5-20041013-1 Debian:testing)
Remv hpijs (1.7.1-2 Debian:testing)
Inst foomatic-filters-ppds [20041013-1] (20050121-1 Debian:testing)
Conf foomatic-filters-ppds (20050121-1 Debian:testing)

Thanks
->HS

--
Please remove the underscores ( the '_' symbols) from my email address to obtain the correct one. Apologies, but the fudging is to remove spam.