Dual-head Matrox, monitors at different resolutions?

I have managed to configure dualhead mode on my
matrox G550 under debian (BTW, I had to upgrade to
the 4.1 driver), but there's still a problem:

One monitor is TFT (Sony SDM-X93),
and the other is CRT (SUN Microsystems GDM-5410).
The video mode 1280x1024 at 60Hz is what the TFT LCD
monitor is supposed to do,
but having the CRT monitor in the same mode makes
a very poor sight.

It looks like something (the driver?) prefers
to have both monitors in the same mode.

Question:
Have someone managed to configure a matrox to use
two different monitors at two different screen
resolutions and refresh frequencies?

If yes, can you please post your XF86Config-4 file(s)?
What version of the driver do you use?

(Theoretical answers "this should be this way" also
will be appreciated. But the following change
(see what's commented out) changes nothing:
both monitors go to 1280x1024 at 60 Hz.

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Default Screen"
        Device          "Matrox Graphics, Inc. MGA
G550 AGP"
        Monitor         "SONY"
        DefaultDepth    24
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth           24
                Modes           "1280x1024"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Default Screen-a"
        Device          "Matrox Graphics, Inc. MGA
G550 AGP-a"
        Monitor         "SUN"
        DefaultDepth    24
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth           24
#               Modes           "1280x1024"
                Modes           "1600x1200"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

)