Re: XWindow won't Restart Pls Help!

Thank you Kent.

Here is what you request, I bet.

> "How are you starting X to begin with?"
Autotatic.

> I _think_ you're implying that when you first boot
> up, you're seeing a
> graphical (not text-based) login, and you can login
> and be in X. Is this
> correct? (The rest of my answer depends on your
> answer to this question.)
Affirmative.

> If that is correct, when you press
> Ctrl-Alt-Backspace, that will kill
> your X server.
Yes it is supposed to be.

> Your graphical login screen should
> restart automatically,
Unfotunately not.
or possibly it does so and fails a few times.
and after 10 times or so it says,
'I failed so .... what-ever is mentioned.'

> I believe. (At least I believe this is the default
> for KDM; since I
> seldom kill X this way, I'm not sure though.)
You can be sure. I am observing it with one more PC
with same Debian ( hardware configuration is not same)

> If the graphical login
> does not restart automatically, look for any
> remnants of the GUI login
> ("ps ax | grep [xgkw]dm");
Ok I try to see what I can do with it.

>if you find any, kill'em. Then you can
> restart the GUI login with "/etc/init.d/?dm start"
> (where the ? is x, g,
> k, or w, depending on which GUI login manager you're
> running).
> Alternatively, you can just log in at the text
> console and start X with
> "startx".
>
> When you switch to a text console via
> Ctrl-Alt-F[1-6], you should be
> able to get back to X with Ctrl-Alt-F7 (at least on
> a default Debian setup).

I will try some more and come back later.
#I need to shutdonw every time because X only shows
# itself emerged on screen after power down.
# Other PC is running, though.

Let's Celebrate Together!
Yahoo! JAPAN
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/so2005/