Re: Mailscanner Installation Problem-Wont Install

Kent West wrote:

Leonard Chatagnier wrote:

/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/preinst: line 22: db_get: command not found

So I have no idea where the db_get file is supposed to come from. But if we can figure that out, a reinstall of that particular package might get you working again.

Ah, apparently these db_? files are in the "/usr/share/debconf/confmodule" library, which is part of the "debconf" package. Check to see if this file exists, and if it has reference to db_get in it, and what the permissions are:
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 2144 2005-02-04 19:16 confmodule

If anything's wrong, you might try reinstalling debconf with "apt-get --reinstall install debconf".

--
Kent West
Technology Support