Re: Re: integrated audio problem

Turn up the volume.  By default, when alsa gets loaded into the kernel
it turns the volume to zero.  This is to prevent accidental damage to
the hardware (your speakers and/or ears).  I forget which package has
it (maybe someone can chime in here), but there is one of the mixer
packages, or a setting in the alsa configuration, that will save your
volume setting on shutdown and resotre it on boot up so that you do not
need to remember that it is initially set to zero by the driver.

-Roberto

thanks for the hint, I figured it out, the package is alsa-base,
and command alsaconf set everything up for me, now everything
works perfectly. I had to restart after running alsaconf, maybe there
are better ways I don't know.