Burning DVDs

Hello,

I seem to be having quite a bit of trouble burning DVDs in both Sarge
and Sid.  On Sarge, I've used kernel 2.6.8 with ide-scsi emulation and
on Sid 2.6.10 with ide-scsi emulation. (The reason for using emulation
is because without it, when ripping CDs, after a few minutes, all
tracks will be ripped with blank data).

Anyways, whenever I try burning a DVD (I've tried both dvdrecord and
growisofs) the system completely locks up within 5 minutes.  Looking
at the DVD, there was some data written, but the program did not show
any status of data being wrote. My burner light just went solid and
stayed and then system freeze.

The log files show absolutely nothing.

Is there anything I can check out? Or has anyone else run into this?

Thanks!
-Joe