Laptop '0' key not working in X-- testing

Hello!

I have a Micron Transport Trek running testing.  Recently, the '0'
(number zero) key (above the 'O' and 'P' keys) on the keyboard stopped
working in X.

It works fine on the console and showkey reports the correct value --
0x0b.  In X, evtest reports the correct value as well, but xev doesn't
report it as a KeyPress, rather a FocusOut with mode NotifyGrab, and
when pressed in any window that would allow input, it only causes the
cursor to blink.

I haven't touched my keymap and I know it was working at one point, but
I can't say when it stopped.  My XF86Config-4 has:

XkbRules "xfree86"
XkbModel "pc104"
XkbLayout "us"

Which seems reasonable to me (it isn't a pure pc104 keyboard, but it
does have the windows keys and no other Model seemed right).

Any hints?  I can attach any potentially relevant files.

Thanks in advance for your help.  Please CC: me in your reply as well.
John
--
John Parejko