Re: NIS client?

El Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 07:43:05PM -0500 Mason Loring Bliss ha dit:

> I'm trying to integrate a couple Debian NIS clients into a network that has
> been running for a while. The master NIS server is a NetBSD box.
>
> KDM sees NIS-based account names, and as root I can ypcat master.passwd.byname
> which shows my DES hashes, but I'm not clear on how to actually get PAM to
> authenticate using this.

never worked with NIS in real life, but afaik there's no need to
modify the PAM configuration. configuring NSS should be enough:

/etc/nsswitch.conf:

passwd:         compat nis
group:          compat nis
shadow:         compat nis

you say kdm sees the NIS-based account names, so i suppose you did
this already ...

m.

--
             "The only important thing Windows does better
            than Debian is implementing the win32 platform"

           ( ( ( i ) ) )  http://indymedia.org  ( ( ( i ) ) )
                                                                 .''`.
    using free software / Debian GNU/Linux | http://debian.org  : :'  :
                                                                `. `'`
gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-keys B9A88F6F           `-