sata disks support

Hi! I´m Santiago from Argentina...
Its the frst time I try to install debian on this computer and I had
the following problem:
My computer disk is SATA, so the installation obviously dosent
recognise it, but afterwards I found an option that said something
like "load special modules for your hard disk", i found out about
those modules... I downloaded the file and put it on a diskette as
instructions said... and when I tried to load those modules a message
said: "plaease choose your module" or something like that... and there
was only a square in wich you coulden´t write and a cancell button...
:S
if somebody had this problem and could solve it or knows how to solve
it please reply :D
Thanks for your time... Santiago