[SOLVED-follow-up] Re: ALSA with Multiple Sound Cards

Adam Porter wrote:

Well, a little more time spent on Google and such, and it works now. :) Thanks for your responses, everyone.

Here's what I did:

1. Set up ~/.asoundrc according to <http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/asoundrc.php?module=emu10k1 >. Changed "card" from 0 to 1.

2. (Since I was using Rhythmbox to play MP3 streams...) Used Synaptic to remove gstreamer's OSS package, and installed the gstreamer ALSA package.

3. Used GConf to change "audiosrc" and "audiosink" in /system/gstreamer/0.8/default/audiosrc from "osssrc" and "osssink" to "alsasrc" and "alsasink".

4.  Clicked the play button in Rhythmbox.

5. Done. :) No reboot or anything, didn't even have to restart the program. (Compared with Windows, where you'd have to reboot at least once, probably...)