Knowing what I am downloading

Hello!

I have a proposal.

When I enter a ftp-server somewhere and come to a directory with a lot of
iso-files, it would be nice if
I knew in beforehand what content is of each of the CD-images.

In addition to a list of iso-files and a md5sum file, there could be a
README file with a list
of what the benefits are for downloading each of the iso-files. Just a raw
listing or anything would do.
It would also be cool if I knew how many CD:s that is the minimal set of
iso:s I need. Ok, it has always
been one cd, but thing could change, and a newcomer doesnt know how many
cd:s it "uses" to be.

Thanks for me!
/Snake