LVM on RAID - lost the RAID

I've just recently noticed that my LVM on RAID setup is no longer using the
RAID.  It appears that LVM picked one partition out of the mirror.  I'm not
sure exactly when this happened.  I thought mdadm was configured to notify me
of any problems, but it didn't.  I happened to check my mdstat and noticed
that the array was gone (it definitely was working fine at one point).

Fortunately, I have two arrays, md0 for the root (no LVM), and md1 for the LVM
volumes, so I can at least do some maintenance on the system with md1
removed.  md0 still works fine.

I did some searching, and apparently I need to set md_component_detection to 1
in /etc/lvm/lvm.conf.

Unfortunately, this didn't magically fix my problem.  After that, I can't see
any of the filesystems in the md1 array.

Any pointers or advice on how to get md1 back?  I'm more than happy to post
any relevant information, just let me know what you would need to see.

Thanks in advance,
Jason