Re: aptitude vs. apt-get

Jason Bleazard a écrit le 05/02/05 03:00 :
On February 4, 2005 07:39 pm, Eddy wrote:

I start aptitude and type "g" to see what it plans to do.

It wants to remove vim as an "unused" package. As far as unused packages
go, I use this one everyday.  Well let's read further...  "It was
installed automatically".  Well that's a lie : I installed it on pupose
but I didn't do it with aptitude. I can accept this kind of behaviour
but I will certainly not consider the message displayed as correct.

It sounds like you've already decided against aptitude, but for anyone else reading this thread...

Yes and no.
I don't think I will use it in the near future but that doesn't mean
I've got anything against aptitude per se.

The fact that one doesn't like a program doesn't mean anything bad about
the prog itself.

You can fix this flag manually by pressing 'm'.

In my experience, aptitude always has a reason for whatever weird things it might want to do. I might not agree with the reason, but at least I can find it.

Exactly.

I personally like aptitude, because it helps keep the cruft off my system.
But I find that I do have to keep an eye on it.

Jason

--
Eddy
         "La notion de passoire est indépendante de la notion de trou."