chnage clock font and colors in gnome

I am using Debian Sarge, 2.6.9 kernel compiled from vanilla source. Usually I am in gnome (see below). Just a little question. How do I change the color and font of the digital clock I get on my panel? The one obtained by RightClickOnPanel->AddToPanel->Clock.

thanks,
->HS

$> COLUMNS=100 dpkg -l gnome* | grep ^i
ii gnome 63 The GNOME Desktop Environment, with extra components
ii  gnome-about         2.8.1-2             The GNOME about box
ii  gnome-alsamixer     0.9.6-1             ALSA sound mixer for GNOME
ii gnome-applets 2.8.2-1 Various applets for GNOME 2 panel - binaries files ii gnome-applets-data 2.8.2-1 Various applets for GNOME 2 panel - data files
ii  gnome-audio         2.0.0-2             Audio files for Gnome
ii gnome-bin 1.4.2-19 Miscellaneous binaries used by GNOME ii gnome-control-cente 2.8.1-3 The GNOME Control Center for GNOME 2 ii gnome-core 63 The GNOME Desktop Environment -- essential components ii gnome-cups-manager 0.25-2 CUPS printer admin tool for GNOME ii gnome-desktop-data 2.8.1-2 Common files for GNOME 2 desktop apps
ii  gnome-desktop-envir 63                  The GNOME Desktop Environment
ii gnome-doc-tools 1.0-6.1 Tools, stylesheets and DTDs for GNOME.
ii  gnome-extra-icons   1.0-1               Optional GNOME icons
ii  gnome-games         2.8.2-2             games for the GNOME desktop
ii  gnome-games-data    2.8.2-2             data files for the GNOME games
ii gnome-games-extra-d 2.8.0-3 games for the GNOME desktop (extra artwork)
ii  gnome-gv            2.8.2-1             GNOME PostScript viewer
ii  gnome-icon-theme    2.8.0-1             GNOME Desktop icon theme
ii gnome-keyring 0.4.1-1 GNOME keyring services (daemon and tools)
ii  gnome-libs-data     1.4.2-19            Data for GNOME libraries
ii  gnome-media         2.8.0-0.2           Gnome 2 Media Utilities
ii gnome-mime-data 2.4.1-2 base MIME and Application database for GNOME. ii gnome-nettool 1.0.0-1 Network information tool for GNOME
ii  gnome-office        63                  The GNOME Office suite
ii gnome-panel 2.8.2-1 Launcher and docking facility for GNOME 2
ii  gnome-panel-data    2.8.2-1             Common files for GNOME 2 panel
ii  gnome-session       2.8.1-5             The GNOME 2 Session Manager
ii gnome-system-monito 2.8.1-1 Process viewer and system resource monitor for GNOME 2 ii gnome-system-tools 1.0.0-1 Cross-platform configuration utilities for GNOME ii gnome-terminal 2.8.2-1 The GNOME 2 terminal emulator application ii gnome-themes 2.8.2-1 official themes for the GNOME 2 desktop ii gnome-themes-extras 0.8.0-1 various themes for the GNOME 2 desktop ii gnome-u2ps 0.0.4-2 Tool to convert UTF-8 text to PostScript
ii  gnome-utils         2.8.1-1             GNOME desktop utilities
ii gnome-vlc 0.8.1-1 GNOME frontend for VLC (dummy legacy package) ii gnome-volume-manage 1.1.2-5 GNOME daemon to auto-mount and manage media devices
ii  gnome2-user-guide   2.8.1-2             GNOME 2 User's Guide
ii gnomemeeting 1.0.2-7 The GnomeMeeting Voice Over IP Suite

--
Please remove the underscores ( the '_' symbols) from my email address to obtain the correct one. Apologies, but the fudging is to remove spam.