From: Sean O'Dubhghaill [mailto:sean@doyle55.freeserve.co.uk]
Sent: Fri 2/4/2005 6:38 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Wireless problems with 2.6.10

On Saturday 05 Feb 2005 12:32 am, Rob Brenart (TT) wrote:
> I recently compiled and installed 2.6.10 on my system.
>
> I still have 2.6.8 around from before (also a custom compile).
>
> I use the ipw2100 wireless driver for my IBM T41
>
> Under 2.6.8 everything works great.
>
> Under 2.6.10 everything works great on a fresh boot, but after putting the
> machine to sleep, then rewaking it, the wireless card is switched off and I
> can't seem to get it back on.
>
> I use APM.
>
> And that's all the info I know which may be relevant. I'm not even sure
> where to start looking. I can tell the liveliness of the wireless card both
> by the status light, and by the fact that I can't get a connection when the
> status light isn't lit.
>
> Thanks for any help.

Hi Rob

This is a known bug in the ipw2100 driver it's fixed in version 1.0.3 but the
most recent version of the ipw2100-source package in debian unstable is 1.0.2
at the moment. You can get a more recent version from
http://ipw2100.sourceforge.net/

As a workaround I rmmod the ipw2100 modules and then modprobe it again after
rewaking my machine.

All the best,
Sean