Re: Firefox with flash and sound

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 20:19:07 -0500
Caveman <commscentral@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have noticed a strange issue with the firefox debian package.
> When you use flash everything works fine except sound with flash.
> It works fine on mozilla however.
>
> But I have just discovered that the firefox binary from mozilla.org
> works fine with exactly the same plugin and settings etc.
>
> So I am thinking something has been stuffed up with the deb package.
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Caveman

Sorry for breaking thread on this one - the e-mail I'm replying to is
old enough that I don't have my local copy any more.

So back when this thread first started, I could not duplicate the
problem. Sound from web browsers when using flash worked great, whether
installed via apt-get or mozilla downloads, the mozilla browser, firefox
browser or even galeon. Then I had to do a full re-install a couple
months later and had similar symptoms to what others have experienced in
this thread. _Now_, I visit a website today and suddenly I have sound
with Flash in my $browser again!

Mozilla and Galeon are both the latest versions from sid and Firefox is
installed via the tar ball downloaded from mozilla.org. Has anyone else
noticed this recent change? Unfortunately I don't know exactly which
change I did that's affected it, but I'd be glad to help anybody
troubleshoot this.

HTH,
Jacob