Re: aptitude vs. apt-get

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 15:13:36 -0600, Rob Brenart (TT)
<Rob.Brenart@tradingtechnologies.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I just tried to run it, and it wants to remove a whole host of
> packages... including several it considers unused, but that are
> programs. (i.e. it wants to yank xmms)
>
> That's a little strange no?  Or does that mean there's some version of
> XMMS lying around that can be yanked?

Sounds like XMMS was pulled in as a dependency for something else (one
of the desktop meta-packages?) and you've removed one of them, thus
aptitude thinks that xmms isn't required anymore. If you explicitly
mark it to install (+) you won't be bothered further.

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/