Re: convert jpg 2 pdf memory ?

On Tuesday 01 February 2005 23:18, Lance Hoffmeyer wrote:

> I have about 280 jpg's of approximately 250k each that I am trying
> to convert into a single pdf.

Should we assume you're using ImageMagick's "convert" command?

> What are my possible workarounds so that I can convert all of the jpg's
> into a single pdf?

I've got more experience in this field than I'd like to admit.  An
alternative method might be to convert all 250 of them into TIFFs, use
tiffcp (from libtiff-tools) to join them into one big TIFF, then run
tiff2pdf (same package) to convert them into a PDF.  The tiff* tools are
much, *much* more efficient than ImageMagick at certain tasks.
--
Kirk Strauser