Re: PPP daemon dies after dialing into the ISP

Vinod wrote:
Not only kppp, minicom also dies with failure of NOCARRIER. However, I
am able to connect using wvdial. Any reason why this happens? Also, I
noticed that ppp support is not compiled into the kernel, using make
xconfig. Could this be the problem?

You may want to start by adding 'debug' into /etc/ppp/options and then 'tail -f /var/log/messages' while you dial in, to see what errors occur. Then, take a look at the HELP for kppp, in particular the FAQ's at the end for your particular error message. I found I had to change /etc/ppp/options to comment out 'auth' to get it to stay connected.

paul