Re: Anyone with a long memory?

Cameron Hutchison wrote:

Once upon a time Daniel L. Miller said...
Some time ago, I remember reading about an older operating system - and now I can't remember the name or where I found it. I believe I stumbled onto it from a link when I was exploring the Hurd/Mach alternatives to Linux. A key item was that at a some show, possibly Comdex, the booth for this operating system was located near Novell's, and the reps would take turns gleefully kicking the power cord of the socket, the plugging it back in and having the system come back almost instantaneously - since it saved its state continuously to disk. The Novell people were - a trifle upset.

Does anyone have any idea about what this operating system was/is or have a link I can visit?

I believe this may be Eros - http://www.eros-os.org/ .

There was a recent slashdot article about its successor, Coyotos -
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/01/25/1738206&tid=190&tid=1

That was it! Thank you.

Daniel

--

AMFES <http://www.amfes.com/>

Get Firefox! <http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=39399&t=61> Get Thunderbird <http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/> Linux! <http://www.linux.org/>

Daniel Miller, VP – Engineering
AM Fire & Electronic Services, Inc. (AMFES)
4655 Quality Court, Suite E Las Vegas, NV 89103
www.amfes.com
<http://www.amfes.com/>(702) 312-5276
(702) 312-5279 fax
dmiller@amfes.com <mailto:dmiller@amfes.com>

Cost-effective, code-compliant, value-engineered solutions for fire alarm, security, and tele/data.

Mircom
<http://www.amfes.com/Products/product-mircom.htm>

Paradox <http://www.amfes.com/Products/product-paradox.htm> Molex <http://www.amfes.com/Products/product-molex.htm>