Re: Kernel 2.6.10 boots panic

Hi! Adam, Thank you a lot!

>   > Today I inserted this same IDE disk back to the no-brand box and the
> > same problem happens when booting v2.6.10. Hence I think there are
> > issues associated with kernel 2.6.10. Any idea?
>
> Did you compile from vanilla source or Debian?  Have you tried
> installing the 2.6.10-4 kernel image from unstable?

I don't have much concept about Debian kernel images. I just compiled
from vanilla source with the correct IDE chipset enabled and used
mkinitrd introduced in
http://copper.matsc.kyutech.ac.jp/~yoshi/linux/sata/index_e.html. Now
kernel 2.6.10 finally boots properly on the no-brand box.

My next step is trying to boot the kernel on the server having Interl
6300ESB and Promise PDC20319 chipsets. I have more confidence of success
now.

BTW, those who are experiencing the similar booting problem probably
will also visit http://kerneltrap.org/node/970 .

Best Regards,
CN