Re: performance problem

tobias wrote:
Or could it be that the hardware is too old? It's a 700MHz Athlon, 512MB... should be able to play mp3, I think. On fedora, there was a 2.4 kernel, now it's 2.6.8. Naively, I would expected a performance gain.

Not an answer just a data point. I do not experience the problems you are describing on my laptop. It is a PIII-667 w/192Mb of RAM. I've run KDE on this machine ok though I recently switched to XFCE for its reduced memory footprint. Regardless with both a 2.4 series and 2.6 series kernel I have not experienced your problems. :(