Re: won't boot; kernel panics; crc error; memory dump -- help?

on Wed, 26 Jan 2005 12:37:27AM -0500, Kevin Mark insinuated:
> On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 04:26:03PM -0500, nori heikkinen wrote:
> > on Tue, 25 Jan 2005 10:20:35PM +0000, Erik Svensson insinuated:
> > > Have you tried to unplug the pci-cards? It sounds like hardware
> > > trouble to me and since you have sound and video built in on the
> > > motherboard you can at least try and see what happens.
> >
> > yes, i tried that.  should have mentioned.  the same things happen
> > without any PCI cards in at all.
> >
> Hi Nori,
> have you tried plugging the computer into another wall socket,room, or
> location? Power fluctuation?

i hadn't, actually.  but everything else plugged into that outlet works
just fine, and it doesn't look like just the power cutting out.  i'm
convinced at this point it's the motherboard or processor -- a friend
came over with the Ultimate Rescue CD (or was it Ultimate Boot CD?) --
tom's root boot; memtest86; the works.  it fails on EVERYTHING.  i'm
returning the motherboard -- looks like the new one was DOA!

thanks,

</nori>

--
    .~.      nori @ sccs.swarthmore.edu