Re: Cannot get resolution just by edit /etc/XF86Config PLS help.

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 02:24:27 -0500, Gene Heskett
<gene.heskett@verizon.net> wrote:
[...]
> I'm not sure of the name of the setup program to rerun on sarge, just
> having come in from the red hat crowd, but there is an ncurses based,

I had the same issue about screen resolution.
In "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86" the monitor selection never
worked in "advanced" or "expert" mode (can't remember the exact name -
have yet to fully migrate from RedHat, so I can't look now). But
"simple" did work - I just selected "19-20 inch monitor" and then the
previously selected resolutions appeared and even the correct
frequency of 85Hz.

Watthavy, go into a terminal and issue:
# dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86
when choosing the monitor, select "simple" and select your monitor
size. After than it probably works - at least it did here.

Best regards,
Hannes.