Re: Cannot login in xdm[Resolved]

Thanks to those who helped. Before upgrading, I was using gdm. I reverted to gdm, and
everything worked.

I did assume that kdm would work better with kde, that is why this problem began in the
first place. When kdm did not work, I tried xdm, and other window managers.

In hindsight and especially after you describe the problem, and explain the solution, it
all looks very simple. It is not quite so when you are in thick of it, and have no good
idea about the problem. Sorry for not writing that the login screen was resetting. Once
again, it was not because of "not willing to take trouble in explaining". Thanks for
pointing it out though.