[SOLVED] Re: problem printing from openoffice

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 18:01:07 +0000, Adam Mercer <ramercer@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've having a problem printing from openoffice in unstable. Whenever I
> try to print a document my printer refuses to print claiming that it
> is flushing corrupted data.  According to cups the file has printed
> sucessfully.
>
> Currently the only way I can print from openoffice is to export the
> file as a pdf and then print that - which is far from ideal.  If I
> print a test page from "oopadmin" then that prints fine - just not my
> documents.
>
> Any ideas what is causing this problem?

Just in case anyone else has a similar problem I'm replying to my own
email as I've found a solution to my problem.

I was using a PPD from the foomatic-filters-ppds package from my
Lexmark Optra E312, just for curiosity I set up my printer using the
official PPD from Lexmark. This solves all the problems that I was
experiencing.

Cheers

Adam