Re: Java SDK 1.5.0 and Debian

On Thursday 27 January 2005 21:58, debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org
wrote:
> My problem is that i cannot install sun-j2sdk1.5debian because of broken
> dependencies
>The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>  sun-j2sdk1.5debian: Depends: sun-j2sdk1.5 but it is not installable

Download from Sun. The tarball can just be untarred to wherever you want to
put it. They have a binary installer as well, can be finicky.

Once installed, make sure you have symlinks to get to it. This might be what
this deb in fact does for you but it needs the Sun SDK first. Where did you
get this?

java -version should give you a mesasage like
java version "1.5.0-beta"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0-beta-b32c)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0-beta-b32c, mixed mode)

(I should probably update to the release.)

If you get some main class not found error instead, you might have to play
with certain tool jars. I forgot what I did -- google it.

Through apt, I have a j2sdk (1.5.0-1) and a free-java sdk installed. The
former was converted from an rpm.