Re: Cannot login in xdm

Punit Ahluwalia wrote:

I upgraded to Sarge and selected KDE and removed Gnome. Since then I cannit login in qny
of the window managers (kdm, xdm). I completely uninstalled xfree86 and kde, and
resinstalled xfree86 with xdm. The problem still remains.
Assuming that other people will help with X problems, check /etc/X11/default-display-manager and make sure it refers to the display manager you want to use. For KDM it should contain the line "/usr/bin/kdm". For xdm I assume it would be "/usr/bin/xdm".