Console Errors

I have been playing around in my kernel (Debian 2.6.10-i386) and I have
created some undesired results.

My computer is a Sony C1F and is a bit exotic. It has a 1024x480 screen
and this particular flavor of Linux isn't handling it well.

I was shooting for a bootsplash and such, instead my system boots into
an 80x25 console then it jumps into a vga color console at 1024x768 and
my hsync & vsync are all funky (I am getting a very fast blink).

Once the xServer starts up everything is fine as my xf86config is
properly set.

If anyone could help me to configure my console I would really
appreciate it.

Thank you kindly.