Re: routing table problem after power failure (sarge)

PROBLEMS SOLVED!

I found the "/etc/resolv.conf" was a link to "/etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf" Thus it seemed to be the removal of the resolvconf package wasn't very successful, somewhere in the history of this box, although nowadays "apt-get remove resolvconf" retuns a 'not installed'.

I renamed the link to something different, and wrote a new resolv.conf file and chmodded it to 755. This file stays after reboot! I can do nslookups, dig, ping and whatever. Everything works as before.

I'm going to test what happens if I enable the 2nd NIC again, but i don't think that will give any problems.

Thanx to every who replied, loads of thanx to Jan.

Corné

Direct antwoord op je vragen: gebruik MSN Messenger http://messenger.msn.nl/