Re: libstdc++5 problem

Stuart Reeves(str@Cs.Nott.AC.UK) is reported to have said:
> > Yes, this is an appropriate list. However, you should not hijack an
> > existing thread, which it appears that you've done. You should create
> > a new email instead of responding to an existing thread.
>
> An existing thread? I'm afriad that, since I have only just joined the
> list, I am unaware of current threads with the title ``libstdc++5
> problem.'' Sorry.

As you are new to this list, I will try to explain what Kent meant.

Rather then start a new thread, you deleted the subject of a current
thread, namely "Re: upgraded kde3.3.1 not working properly. Need
help", and changed it to yours, "libstdc++5 problem".  That is
considered a No-No.

Learn how to use your mailing program to 'originate' an new message
so your questions will have a better chance of being answered.  As
your message is now inside a totally different subject is 'may' not be
seen by those who don't use KDE, and they might just delete the thread
because of that.

You might also consid looking at the Debian-User archivesfor an answer
to your question.  You might find it faster then asking a question
that has already been answered prior to you joining the list.

HTH=Hope This Helps, YMMV=Your Mileage May Vary, HAND=Have A Nice Day

Wayne
--
Computers are unreliable, but humans are even more unreliable.