Re: My boss want to kill debian, please help !

Thanks for your suggestions.

the 2.4.28 is the vanilla. Both hardware are intel chips all over,
e100 NIC cards. I use debian sarge only, it will be next stable and
has many new packages.
The debian system has a hyperthread intel P4 at 3G and the redhat one
has same hyperthreead model but at 2.8G. , the debian machine has 2G
of RAM (with support for 4GB of ram), the redhat one has 512MB of RAM,
kernels are all vanillas. I'm not sure i can try too much stuff right
now, temporary another computer will replace this debian to do the
routing job, until the redhat 9 gets installed :( .