Re: Programming Languages, "to C or not to C, that is the Q."

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Ron Johnson wrote:

> Here's 2 things that will make code in *any* language hard to
> read:
>   - suck-arse variable names
>   - stupid programmers

    - stupid project managers :-)

>   - time pressures
>   - bad/changing designs/goals/methodologies
>   - refusal to throw away v1
>
> (OK, I can't count.  Sue me. ;)

where do i send you the "show up in court or else" :-)

> But then, FORTRAN kinda does that.  Anyone on the list been a
> geek long enough to know what I'm talking about?

at least by that point youhave an os that and read the punch
cards that had "fort ran" on it

it was more fun to make the bios/firmware changes and
the card readers would magically start working
instead of chewing up your programs and spitting out cards

c ua
alvin