Re: Help getting KDE setup to display random backgtound image

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 10:10:39AM -0700, Justin Guerin wrote:
> On Sunday 23 January 2005 16:30, stan wrote:
> > I'm trying to get KDE on testing set up to display a random background
> > image from a directory of images. I have a perl script that does what I
> > want, but I cannot seem to get KDE configured corectly to acomplish this.
> > It looks like i should be able to set it up in the background setup to do
> > this, but what I am seeing is that my image flashes up breifly, then the
> > background gets overwritten.
> >
> > How exactly should I e setting this up?
> >
> What does it get overwritten with?  A solid color?  A gradient?  Also, what
> does your perl script do?  It seems the background setup for slide shows
> does everything you want, without the need for an external program.

The selected background, wheter that be solid or a gradient. How can I tell
KDE _not_ to use a background color?

As to the slide show, the problem is thta the directory of images changes

It uses xv to put an image in teh root window.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin