Help getting KDE setup to display random backgtound image

I'm trying to get KDE on testing set up to display a random background
image from a directory of images. I have a perl script that does what I
want, but I cannot seem to get KDE configured corectly to acomplish this.
It looks like i should be able to set it up in the background setup to do
this, but what I am seeing is that my image flashes up breifly, then the
background gets overwritten.

How exactly should I e setting this up?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin