Re: routing table problem after power failure (sarge)

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 09:42:20PM +0100, Jan C. Nordholz wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 05:41:19PM +0100, Corné wrote:
[...]
> > After every reboot, /etc/resolv.conf is clean: all content removed. I put
> > back "nameserver x.x.x.x" and save.
> Hmm, don't know what tool would dare to wipe resolv.conf... anyway, putting

This sounds like a dhcp client program (I know that an older version of
pump would re-write resolv.conf by default---not sure what current one
does).

It sounds mis-configured if it doesn't even get a working localhost,
though.

Maybe check, or reconfigure your dhcp client if you are using one?

HTH

--
Chris Harris <charris@rtcmarketing.com>
GNU/Linux --- The best things in life are free.