Re: Generating a list (with urls) of packages needed by apt-get dist-upgrade

> Both of these questions are non-issues when apt-zip is run with a
> portable zip drive (as it was designed to be used).  But I am trying to
> do it with floppies and CDs.
>
> All advice will be gratefully received.

I use the following script based on apt-zip that can easily modified
according to your needs.

Bye,
a.

++++++++
#!/bin/bash

if [[ $1 = "list" ]];
then
        mount /dev/fd0 /apt-zip;
        apt-zip-list --medium /apt-zip --aptgetaction dselect-upgrade
--skip-mount;
        umount /apt-zip;
elif [[ $1 = "inst" ]];
then
        mount /dev/cdrom /apt-zip;
        apt-zip-inst --medium /apt-zip --aptgetaction dselect-upgrade
--skip-mount;
        umount /apt-zip;
else
        echo "available options: list, inst";