Re: Please need help with postfix and smtp!

On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 08:50:39PM +0100, Julien wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> I've got a problem with my smtp.
>
> I'm using postfix, courier with mysql and sasl altogether.
>
> My password are crypted with md5 and stored in the postfix database.
>
> Pop and imap work alright but not the smtp.
> It seems it doesn't translate the md5 password cause
> when i put the password in clear it's working!
>
> How can I activate the md5 support in the smtp??
>
> Here's what my smtpd.conf looks like:
>
> pwcheck_method: auxprop
> auxprop_plugin: sql
> mech_list: plain login cram-md5 digest-md5
> sql_engine: mysql
> sql_hostnames: 127.0.0.1
> sql_user: user
> sql_passwd: pass
> sql_database: database
> sql_select: select password from mailbox where username='%u@%r'
>
> Is there any other file for it's configuration?
>
> Thanks!

Well, you could try turning off plain and login, if you plan to use md5 crypt
for all your passwords then you shouldn't need them.

If that doesn't work, check /var/log/mail.log and see what errors, if any,
postfix is throwing when your logins fail. It might give us a clue as to what
is broken.

--
Steve Block
http://ev-15.com/