Re: from a.out to running the darned thing.

Scotty Fitzgerald wrote:
I know, this has to be a really dumb question.  I must be
missing something really simple on this one.  I want to point
out that googled up and down but must be asking google the
wrong thing.

I got GPC going, I wrote a typical "hello world" style
program:

program sailor;
begin
        writeln('hello sailor');
        writeln('maxint is',maxint);
end.

and ran it through gpc, which gave me no errors and a
file called a.out

so I figured if I typed in "a.out" at the shell prompt I would
get a "hello sailor" and the value of the supported maxint size.

I type "a.out" into bash and I get "command not found"

Is there something I have to do to tell bash that this
executable is an executable, or did I leave out a step?

---
Scotty

Try ./a.out

You probably do not have the current directory (.) as part of your PATH.

-Roberto
--
Roberto Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr