Re: where is my free disk space?

On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 08:06 +0800, Smith a wrote:
> i have Debian 3.0 and 300M free disk space, but suddenly it is used up by
> the system, how to get back those space? /var/log/wmtp?

That's s bit of a broad question, but...

du --max-depth=2 /var

This will probably show you that /var/cache/apt is pretty big.
This will delete it's contents:
# apt-get clean

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime
rates in the country."
Marion Barry