Re: Problem compiling (gcc? glibc?)

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 19:30:11 +1300, Andrew Walbran <qwandor@gmail.com> wrote:
> $ nm -D /lib/ld-2.3.2.so
[output snipped]
> Does that mean anything to you?

It looks the same as what I have, which means the problem (presumably)
isn't with ld-2.3.2.so.

Since the problem persists in two different versions of the compiler,
I'm guessing the problem isn't there, either.

I'm not sure what that leaves.  There's binutils, but it's not clear
that gcc is actually calling anything from binutils (most notably ld),
since "gcc -v test.c" seems to imply that collect2 calls
/lib/ld-linux.so.2 directly.  If that's somehow not the case for your
setup, that might be part of the problem.

I'd really suggest filing a bugreport at this point, but I'm not sure
against what.  libc6 would probably be the best match.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh