Re: [debian-user]: debian package list

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 13:18:00 -0800 (PST), Alexey Tumanov
<atumanov@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've read through the man pages for both apt-get and apt-cache as well as
> looked through the APT-HOWTO. None of them answered my fundamental question -
> how in the world can I list all of the packages currently installed on the
> system?

I use
$ dpkg-query --showformat '${Status;1} ${Package;-60}\n' -W \*
This avoid chopping off long package names, and you can pipe it to
"egrep ^i" to find the packages that are actually installed.  "-W"
takes a regexp, so the star matches everything.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh